Thursday, June 16, 2011

Double Banana and a Bird

Everything has been going (and growing) great these past few days.  We have been fighting the weeds, though.  I was vigorously pulling thistles when a baby robin suddenly leaped out of the lilac next to me!  I didn't realize that it was a baby until I saw that it really couldn't fly.  It started jumping towards the road so I decided that it would be in the poor guy's favor if I caught him and put him back into the garden.  I chased him down and managed to grab him.  I had my gloves on so hopefully not much of my scent ended up on him.  When I put him back his mom flew in with a mouthful of worms.  She sat on one of the crab apple trees and chirped at me in what I would assume was bird for a lot of ranting.  I had Dave take a picture of the baby before I set it back down.


With the birds, the fish, and the rabbits, we have quite the diverse assortment of animals visiting and living in the garden.



 Dave brought in a sweet double banana to lunch one day.  I tried looking up the causes of this but sadly I didn't find anything.  

Fun fact: Onions contain a mild antibiotic that fights infections, soothes burns, tames bee stings and relieves the itch of athletes foot.
                                                  - http://sophia.smith.edu/badseeds/plantfacts.html

Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have found this through the cfans e-newsletter. I miss working in the D&TG!

    ReplyDelete